? ??????????????Argyle? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1017 Total Grabs. ??????Previe
w?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pink Plaid Lights? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??33 Grabs Today. 1356 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Comas and brain injuries and pregnant sisters Oh My....

This is the end of it. I swear.

I shouldnt swear because it may take longer than I have.

I left Reno on a Thursday night and took the redeye from Reno to Phoenix, change in Phoenix to NY. I also took a xanax that was given to me by Tizzys brother. He is 6'6" and about 280 lbs. I am 5'6" and at the time about 150 lbs.

Dont take it until you get to Phoenix he told me. You will pass out before that and not be able to change planes. I was afraid it wouldnt kick in in time for me to be able to sleep. So I took it as soon as I got to Phoenix. And I almost passed out in the airport when the flight was delayed. I think I fell asleep before take off. I dont remember much about that flight. Thankfully.

It was from hell. I was leaving my sister, flying alone, across the country, in bad weather, to get on another plane to go to Disneyworld, on vacation, while Tizzy lay dying.

There was talk about me flying straight to Florida from Reno but I wanted to, needed to be with the kids.

I left Reno about 7 or 8pm Reno time. I arrived in LaGuardia at 6 am NY time. My father dropped my mother off at Kennedy around 5:30am with Mrs. Tizzy and wife of kabillionaire boss. He dropped them off, swung around and picked me up. He drove me home, where my kids and my hubby were waiting with a limo to take us to the airport. I ran in the house, the kids had layed out all my clothes on my bed and I threw what I could in a bag and we got in the limo and left again for the airport. The kids and hubby packed themselves and I was a little scared but I was just so happy to be with them.

So we fly off to Disney and the kids are happy. They are such good kids I wish they never had to deal with this.

We check into the hotel, the pop culture, which was new at the time and soooo cool.

And the rest of the trip I was on the phone. Is Tizzy ok? Is my sister taking care of herself? How is my mother holding up in my place? How are the Tizzys behaving??

I vaguely remember someone saying that roaming charges were .69 cents a minute but I couldnt even think of that.

Tizzy was not ok. He almost died on Friday but they decided not to tell my sister because no one was there with her. I had left and my mother had yet to arrive.

I remember sitting outside the Rock N Rollercoaster when I talked to my sister and she was crying because things were just so bad.

The sooner you come out of a coma the more likely your recovery. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.... the days were going on and on and no sign of recovery. None.

He had the most amazing nurses. Sorry I am skipping ahead. This is about Disney.

So we are in Disney and how can you have fun when your sister is waiting to see if her husband will live or die.

And people are smiling and having fun and I couldnt stop crying. Every thing we did reminded me of Tizzy. Tizzy and Merrys wedding song was from Beauty and the Beast. Their dog is named Nala, from the Lion King. Tizzy bought Merry every Disney waterglobe when they were dating.

I cried at the Lion King show, especially when they sang, You'll be in my heart.

I cried when the fireworks were on and my kids said "Lets wish that Uncle Tizzy is ok on every firework that goes off"

I cried at the sports expo when my mother called and cried endlessly.

I cried everytime I got off the phone with my sister and found out that there was no change.

She started going to an obgyn there. We just had no idea how long he would be there.

I cried when on the 8th day we were there, we were in the movies, seeing Cheaper by the Dozen any my mother called and said "He blinked". Once.

It was something.

Ok so I have to go and get daughter #1 from the train so I will have to post now and finish later. I just dont trust the save as draft feature on the blog and one time writing this is enough. I dont want to do it again.

TTFN

0 comments: