? ??????????????Argyle? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1017 Total Grabs. ??????Previe
w?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pink Plaid Lights? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??33 Grabs Today. 1356 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day...Are we moving to Canada?

With Election Day finally here and the possibility that we may be moving to Canada tonight if Obama doesnt win... I thought I would lighten it up with some funny family anecdotes.

In our family, my thought has always been that if we make fun of each other then when others make fun of us, it wouldnt hurt as bad. I know it sounds sadistic but kids are so mean to each other in school, you need a plan to combat the mean girls.

Regina: I know she's kind of socially retarded and weird, but she's my friend... so, just promise me you wont make fun of her!

Cady: And they have this book, this burn book, where they write mean things about all the girls in our grade.
Janis: What does it say about me?
Cady: [lying, because the book describes Janis as a dyke] You're not in it.
Janis: Those bitches!


So, we are kinda mean to our own because... well, someone has to do it.

These may be some "you had to be there moments" but try to laugh along...

On a trip to bring D#1 to college, 5:30am, in the blue mini-van...

Mom: D#1, what kind of pop tart do you want?
D#1: Light Brown
Check out the word "synesthesia"

Sometime in the not so distant past...

D#2: Since when has noon been at 12 O'Clock?
Mom: What time did you think it was?
D#2: Noon is 11 O'Clock.

Walking down the street right outside of Grand Central Station in Manhattan...
People are honking while sitting in traffic...

D#3: Stops in her tracks, whips around and says "Do I have a sign on my back that says "Honk if I'm pretty?"

Mcdonalds, sitting in a booth next to an older couple...

D#4: Burps really loud
D#4: "Ooh, I'm sorry, that was totally inappopriate"

While watching The Mole, one of the puzzles is "Red & Blue = ___________________

Us:Purple
Hubby:"Is that a known fact that red and blue make purple?"
Us:Yeah like in Kindergarten 101.


Now being the writer of the blog and having creative license I have chosen to leave myself out of this family bashing... really I just couldnt think of any dumb thing I have ever said... No really I cant.

My girls are so different from each other it baffles me the more I learn about DNA how many different combinations they make up. You see in some families, kids who look exactly alike, or where every kid is a doctor. Not in this family...

D#1: Only kid with straight hair...5'7"...looks irish...loves to read...like obsessively...loves math and will spend her days with numbers and love it...loves to cook and is really good at it...would try any food and once ate Bambi in Disneyworld...played golf and tennis in high school...was 8th in her high school class...hates socially awkward situations although seriously freaked out recently on someone who said Obama was a terrorist,,,hahaha

D#2: Curly Black hair(ok maybe it comes from a bottle, the black not the curls)...5'7 1/2"...super social...would rather have a book burning party then read...would eat rice krispies treats as a main staple...played lacrosse in high school...homecoming queen...avoids confrontation more than her mother...will rule the business world with her super creative business and public relation skills...wont talk politics but sends very funny anti palin material...

D#3: Blonde Super Curly hair...5'5" and growing...the "little one in our family"...only kid who lives in the music world...plays violin, guitar, sings and loves to be on stage...laughs uncontrollably in socially awkward situations...like in temple when I sneezed really loud...talks about eating healthy as she eats candy...oh wait thats me...her too...has no appendix and no tonsils...tried sports but seriously didnt get the whole "sweating" thing...dislikes animals but will say puppies and babies are cute from afar...

D#4: Up until a few days ago...pink hair, we dyed it for breast cancer awareness month, it didnt grow in that way...5'10" and still growing...where does that come from?...hubby is about the same height as her and I am 5'6".Oh yeah... she was switched at birth with our real daughter...has been in the emergency room more times than all the other girls combined...2 concussions, 2 broken arms, 5 dislocated elbows, broken tooth...plays a sport every season...tennis...volleyball...basketball...track...will
also rule the world someday...wants to be a doctor...loves kids and puppies...

so you see how different each one is...it is amazing how individual they are... yet... they all have gorgeous blue eyes and just incredibly special parents...hahaha...they are all super smart and kind and loving...and they make me proud each and every day.

I love the differences in them and I love to see them all together and see how similar they are... we havent been all together since June and I cannot wait for Thanksgiving...for all the yelling and talking and debating and gossiping and cooking and eating... i miss the chaos that used to be our house...although sometimes the quiet is good too...


Hopefully we will be celebrating Thanksgiving here at home and not on the road to Canada... where we will have to make a new life if McCain/Palin win. I think we missed thanksgiving in Canada...maybe the carribean, its a little warmer there...No worries...pina coladas on thanksgiving...yeah I can see it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when we were all watching Braveheart and they say "Jesus Christ" and you think that the movie made a mistake, that Jesus hadn't been around yet?

Anonymous said...

Or how about when she thought that there were 52 states, but she couldn't figure out what the one after Puerto Rico was?

Anonymous said...

We're not moving!

Nancy said...

Ok ok so maybe I have said one or two dumb things...Daddy did remind me of an occasion when we were watching this game show "puttin on the hits", you would go on and lipsync a song and whoever did it best would win...so a guy goes on as a ventriliquist with a monkey puppet and he is singing "in the jungle the might jungle the lion sleeps tonight, awing a way, awing a way..." and as he is holding the monkey he is moving the monkeys mouth and he starts to drink a glass of water and I was like "Holy cow how does he drink the water while the monkey is still singing" And daddy was like "are you for real, he is lipsyncing" and it took awhile but I finally got it. its all you kids, you killed my brain cells...