? ??????????????Argyle? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 1017 Total Grabs. ??????Previe
w?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Pink Plaid Lights? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??33 Grabs Today. 1356 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What is this world coming to? News you should know...

Lets play a game...

Rank these news stories according to how disturbing they are... and then of course you can hear why I think my way is right. No really, I might be a little opinionated about this stuff...

1. An 89 year old woman is being arrested for confiscating a football that rolled onto her lawn when the kids in the neighborhood were playing with it. She says they were trespassing and the ball is now hers. On the news this morning she showed the football to the camera and then locked it safely in her closet. She held her hands in front of her face and said...You better put handcuffs on me when you come to get me because I am not going quietly and you never know what I might do. She could face up to six months in prison.

2. There is an e-card that you can send when you discover that you have an STD and want to tell the multiple people in your address book that you slept with that you either got an STD from them or gave them one.




3. Sarah Palin, in an interview with a Christian News Show explained how in Alaska she has fought for legislation that would make banning Gay Marriage an amendment to the Constitution and that she would like to see the federal government follow and define marriage as between one man and one woman.


Ok... So lets rank them...On a disturbia level...3 of course has to be the most disturbing, then 2 and of course then 1.

Although I can see how arresting little old ladies for protecting their property from obnoxious little boys might upset you more than taking the rights away from two people who love each other...

Major sarcasm if you havent noticed.

Like all of you out there I watched Saturday Night Live and peed in my pants at the Amy Poehler news story. I softened my heart a little for what a good sport Sarah Palin was. And then I realized that she was probably too stupid to notice that they were making fun of her. She was probably like yeah, All the Mavericks in the house put your hands up.. shoot some moose...haha isnt this all funny.

I have to say that after the show I just felt sorry for what a stupid moron she is but my deep, unending hatred lessened a little.

Until this morning after I heard the news story when I was getting ready to bring D#3 to her performing arts school where surprisingly all the boys here are gay. I know you are thinking Musical Theater boys? Gay? No way!

yes way!!

So these amazing talented sweet (ok some of them are divas but whatever) young boys who may meet the person of their dreams, in high school, like I did, or later on in college or wherever... can never dedicate their life to another person in the eyes of the law.. and I am not even going to say before God, because we know that the Crazy Christians have already banned that.

They can never walk down the aisle, looking fab, and commit themselves to a life with the person they love...

Because Sarah Palin said so. Because she wants to take the rights AWAY from people, not liberate the world in any way.

I dont mean to diminish some of these other atrocities of the World but we one time thought slavery was ok and the gasing of millions of Jews and the violent attacks on Native Americans.

Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Asexual whatever... love for another human being should not be judged or even debated by the government.

When the founding fathers said All Men are Created Equal, they excluded women, because they werent that important, they excluded blacks, because they werent that important...I hate to tell you all out there but one of the things I learned in Microbiology, when I wasnt procrastinating, and wait...sshh I am going to whisper it...

WE ARE ALL BIOLOGICALLY THE SAME ON THE INSIDE!!!


People. That is what we are. And every person should have the right to love and be loved and make that committment in the eyes of the law. Love is a central theme. To all.

As always... I digress.

Oh come on you didnt know when you read the 3 choices that I had to go on and on about Sarah Palin, I was just waiting for the opportunity.

Disturbing Choice #2

An E-card to let someone know you just gave them Herpes? How sick and twisted is that? I actually saw a few on the news this morning and if you have to send an e-card because A. you either cant tell the person to their face or B. there are more than a few people you need to tell, well frankly you have some issues. You can send the card anonymously. So basically when you get the card you are like hmmm...could this be joe, larry, peter, who could have sent me this card?

What has happened to the world? I caved a little when you were able to send E-card thank yous and I was only slightly dissapointed to discover my children cant write in script but is there nothing forbidden on the internet? Is it a free for all where you can check your email and discover that you might have AIDS? Isnt that just a tad bit cruel?

Hey wait let me just check my email before we head out for lunch. Oh look there is an ecard from Joey.

Oh that cute guy you hooked up with last weekend at the bar?

yeah him

What does it say?

Roses are Red,Violets are Blue, I have syphilis and now you might have it too.

Seriously! I mean really! this is real folks. No exaggerating coming from this camp.I spent the morning searching for some, see above and now I am sure my computer is tagged with public health announcements for STDs.

Now lets address the little old lady who stole the football and just for the record Hubby disagress with me on this. He even called me Edna this morning.

She is sitting in her house, quietly sipping tea and watching old movies, when suddenly her peace and quiet is disturbed by little boys outside. (and when you say little boys, spit a little)

She goes outside, gets the football and refuses to give it back, because the boys,she claims were trespassing.

yeah so?...do we not have the right to protect our property from little boys(spit again)I mean they are dirty and they carry disease...yes they do...I know because I am studying to be an amateur microbiologist.

They were probably mean to the little old lady, I am sure this isnt an unprovoked attack, I mean little old ladies are usually very reasonable.

The fact is... where is the logic?

If they are going to grant civil liberties to gay couples and allow them to use each others insurance and make medical decisions...why cant they get married?

Marriage is a dedication of two people who love each other for a lifetime of love, snoring and having to share stuff.

A very wise person made it completely clear... marriage is marriage, love is love and sex is sex. What do any of them really have to do with government and laws except that we need the government to approve who we marry?? And do we need them to approve who we love and have sex with? No?

Unless they start monitoring the internet and viewing our E-Cards. Then they might forbid us to marry people who might spread disease.

So we cant protect our homes, or marry who we want, or spread disease all over the place....

The disturbing news stories are many and each day I wonder where this world is headed and how we are going to survive all this.

I have such simple steps for fixing everything... Tune in next time for Nancys Rules for the World. I am sure you will find it entertaining... I always make myself laugh...and thats all that counts right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor. I'm kind of addicted to reading your blogs. Everything you write about is so real and interesting. I love that you're so down to earth and so sure of yourself. I hope that one day I am as comfortable with myself as you are. Thanks for keeping my faith in love that can truely last forever, and its not just something you read about in fairytales. I will definately continue to read what you have to write. It's kind of like a book, where you have to put it down, but always wonder what is going to happen next. So thanks for your stories and a way to keep me from my hw.

Nancy said...

dear anonymous,
thank you so much for your comment. It has taken me years to really believe in myself. It just takes time and experiences, good and bad. Thank you for reading my blog. I will try to keep writing good stuff, and not doing my biology homework :}

MariaSophia said...

The STD E-card is ridiculous! I wonder if people actually use it to tell people they have STDs and not as a joke..